Saturday, August 30, 2008

That Plus 10 Miles

Another 16 mile run. This time I had to drag myself out of bed and felt like the run was doomed for the first few miles. And rationalized all the reasons why I should cut the run short.

But I didn't. I got far enough away that I had to complete the run to make it back home. I felt better the second half of the run too. I have a new fuel belt which made hydration much easier. But the daunting fact that I have to do today's run PLUS 10 miles is nagging at me at the moment.

My wonderful fiance is planning to run the last 8 miles of the marathon with me so I think that will help-- I originally asked him to run the last 6, but the course comes by our house at mile 18 so it makes sense for him to jump in there. His training consists of running my Tuesday run with me each week-- 4 miles or so and playing ultimate frisbee a few times a week, but he has entertained the idea of running the entire thing with me a few times.

Ice bath-ed again and will ice this complaining IT band a bunch today. And now it's off to relax at a friend's cabin for the holiday weekend.

No comments: