Monday, May 26, 2008

Bike Week


So this week is officially Bike Week in our house, because I'm on the limited running schedule and because I've finally reached my gas price breaking point. Most of the places we frequent are easily within biking distance so in an effort to not put any more gas than necessary in the car that gets good gas mileage and makes me seriously glad it's so little when I drive by the gas station and see the numbers reaching higher and higher, we are on a car diet. This is all a moot point in some respects since we have a longgg car trip planned for the summer and will be driving a 6MPG moving truck northward one month from tomorrow. So perhaps we are not saving so much $ or gas as delaying the inevitable. But for now we're going to be spending time on our bikes not just as part of tri training!

Today's a four mile run, which I might just go do in a minute since it's still nice and early and cool. We went backpacking this weekend and my legs felt super strong which bodes well for the race next weekend!

And I should get out the door and go running before all this drooling over the Garmin turns into retrieving my wallet and having one en route to my doorstep :-) the joys of online shopping for those who lack any self control for fun gadgets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you are on a "car diet." I wish I lived closer to work so I too could cut down on car usage.

Any decisions made on the Garmin?

swimbikerunnap said...

I am definitely going to get a Garmin- I am just trying to decide between HRM or not... there seem to be a ton of 305s on ebay so I might go that route.

I am actually doing some part-time consulting clear across LA and going to try out the bus tomorrow, we'll see how that goes. I am going to test-ride the bus and then add a bus/bike commute if possible. We'll see...