Monday, May 19, 2008

Motivate me!

I discovered the entertaining world of podcasts a while ago as a way to catch my favorite radio shows This American Life and Good Food on the weekends that I missed them. And then during my training for my first tri I got hooked on a triathlon podcast. Just this weekend I discovered this new running podcast. It's recorded by someone around my age training for her first marathon too, so the relevancy got me hooked! check it out for some marathon-related entertainment : Confessions of a Runner

Today's workout is in the bag already- got up at 6:15a.m. to try to avoid the heat as much as possible. Got 4.25 miles in in 42 minutes. The first half of the run was perfect, comfortable, cool-ish even. Second half was sweaty and uncomfortable but I didn't slow down to compensate so I was happy with that! I'm going to try to swim this evening too and then tomorrow's an off day in prep for my Last Long Run Before My Next 1/2 Marathon on Wednesday. 9-10 miles planned- and thankfully Miss Jackie the well-endowed weather woman here in L.A. thinks the weather will cooperate and it'll be a little cooler by then. Let's hope because I am hoping to break 2 hours on 5/31 and need another good long run in before then for insurance!

No comments: