Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today I did...nothing.

Exercise wise that is, unless you count a post-pizza walk around the neighborhood. Which, not to be down on walking, it just doesn't count for me. I have a mere two miles tomorrow and then more nothing on Thursday and Friday. If tapering for a 1/2 makes me feel like I am seriously forgetting to do something, what will the marathon taper be like? that is today's question.

But at least I know I have a seriously dedicated support team for the marathon- my boyfriend, and #1 cheerleader at my first 1/2 marathon, isn't going with me for the trip to my race this weekend and in his words is feeling "very guilty and sad" and said he can't wait to do anything and everything at Portland. I had scheduled the trip for this race knowing he couldn't go with me, so it wasn't a surprise and my mom will actually be there which will be fun. It is nice to have him planning to be involved for the marathon though-- I might just have him run that last 6 miles with me because I think that's going to be the mental challenge of my lifetime- those last 6 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monday was my day for doing nothing, and it was nice! Having supportive husbands/boyfriends/family really is the best thing. I am always thanking my husband and telling him how much I appreciate him always going to the races and being supportive while I am training.

I am sure you and your mom are going to have a great time. Good luck.