Saturday, June 7, 2008

6.36 Miles

Today was my first 'long run' as part of my marathon training plan. A nice easy 6 miles. I love that 6 miles can feel that easy! We drove to the Farmer's Market, stocked up on tons of gorgeous fruits and veggies and I ran home from there, while Boyfriend walked over to Ultimate Frisbee at the park.

In other tremendously thrilling news I am done with the GREs and Boyfriend is done with grad school!! so it's serious party time around here now! And time to get into hiking shape as well as train for the marathon since we have two full weeks of backpacking at altitude coming up in July. I am slightly nervous about not running for that long, even if we are working out many hours a day- I'm sure it won't have an impact on me physically but it'll be the longest I have gone without running in who knows how long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea running from the Farmer's Market! I just stocked up on tons of fruits and veggies too, gotta love summer for that.

Congratulations to your boyfriend for finishing grad school. Guess now it is your turn!

I think you will be ok not running for the 2 weeks. By then your long runs should be pretty solid. Don't worry too much about it. Easier said then done, I know. I would be worring just like you.

P.O.M. said...

Ohhhh Ulimate Frisbee at the park. Now I think I know where you're from. Surf City perhaps?