Monday, June 23, 2008

Santa Cruz Long Run

I did my weekly long run in Santa Cruz yesterday, which meant almost 2 hours of running on the Pacific coast in a place I love! And the people watching was entertaining as well. I had 10 miles planned but decided to run over to the tennis club to meet Boyfriend and his parents and neglected to add in the extra couple miles when I decided what route to run. So I ended up closer to 12 miles but felt great up until the last 1/2 mile or so. At 11.5 miles my IT bands both decided they had had enough of the slanted roads and running altogether but I didn't want to walk because it would take longer so I toughed it out. I feel good today so I guess they got over it.

We move this next weekend so I am trying to schedule this week's runs around packing, cleaning, errands, goodbye dinners, etc. But if that seems hard, I am trying not to think about July where I'll be trying to get my runs in while we travel all over the place and do other fun things that might make me tempted to skip the runs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving, it is both a pain and exciting. The packing and unpacking is the worst, but the fresh start is a great feeling.

Nice jon on the run. Way to sneak in a couple extra miles.