Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Success on the Bike & Easy Tuesday

I am so into this active recovery from the long run- I try to bike for an hour the day after my long runs and it makes my legs sooo happy. I did the bike-train-bike commute yesterday, and got in about 1.5 hours total on the bike. My legs didn't feel tired at all, which is nice!

Tuesdays are "easy" day on my marathon training plan, so it was 3 at 10 min/miles. I ended up getting every red light possible, so it was a run/wait, run/wait kind of run. I ran to the bank and then back home, to try and get in an errand too since I'm still trying to cut back on gas.

And then I made a strawberry rhubarb pie to celebrate summer! mmmm! (and I said to Boyfriend "when was the last time you made a pie before work? no, me neither!", there's a first time for everything).

1 comment:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

My legs love a bike ride before or after runs. You are so right about active recovery!

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com