Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh easy long run

Just back from a (hot) 9 miler and feeling terrific. I felt fabulous for miles 0-7 and then still felt good during 7-9 minus the extreme thirst and being drenched in sweat. It was my last long run here in Southern California, because we're moving at the end of the month and will be out of town next weekend so I'll be running there instead.

Boyfriend's graduate school commencement ceremony was yesterday, followed by a party to celebrate 4 years (!) of architectural school coming to a close. I volunteered to be the DD in order to make sure I got out the door early this morning. I think I have quite a few more celebrations and occasions between now and October where I'll be making that move, along with being the impetus for my carload of folks to depart before midnight. It's ok with me, and so far Boyfriend is extremely supportive, but I think he's in for a surprise at the way my weekends will need to revolve around the long run EVERY week. I tried to sneak out of bed early (trying to make it out before it was too hot and knew I'd need an hour to eat/digest etc.), and got the "where are you going?" followed by the "when will you be back? 10 miles?!"....long sleepy pause..."ok...". But, he's currently making me post-run breakfast crepes with peaches and cappucino so that's always fabulous!

1 comment:

P.O.M. said...

Sorry if this is a dup comment. Having blogger issues.

Post-run crepes sounds delish! I found that if I get my long runs done really early on the weekends it doesn't really interfere with the rest of the day (and it's much cooler).

Good luck with Portland. Keep us posted on your training.