Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Cross Training

So every Sunday is a "cross training" day on my plan, which is supposed to be active recovery from the long runs on Saturdays. I think today's activity failed to qualify as recovery... 5 hours of hiking most of it straight up or straight down. My legs feel good, but I'm now willing myself not to get poison oak- it was everywhere on the trails. And I forgot lesson #1 in being myself, which is never ever go hiking in shorts in California, lest you spend 3 weeks debilitated by the OAK. But homeopathic remedies, Tecnu, showering the second I get home and willing it not to happen seems to be working quite well lately, so let's hope!

We have 6 weeks to get ready for 2 solid weeks of serious backpacking, so every weekend will likely include a hike, and with the long runs I think Mondays are going to turn into the rest day where I convince myself it is a good idea to do undertake several physical challenges all at once :-)

No comments: