Thursday, June 5, 2008

Marathon Training Starts: Yesterday

So I got out the door for a very slow pretty short run yesterday- not the most flashy beginning to the marathon training, but I'll save the fireworks for later! like when I finish?! My IT band is definitely trying to assert some control so I'll have to rein that back in, but somewhere I read you should "take it easy one day after the race for every mile you raced". That puts me at next weekend so I'm giving that approach a try for now.

I am psyched though! I love the regimented accomplishment oriented feel of life with a training plan so that feels good (especially since there are lots of other big out-of-my-control things going on for Boyfriend and I right now- like moving out of state...).

I have enough Clif Shot's in Espresso flavor to live for 3 days in my cupboard, thanks Sports Basement!, so here's to the next 4 months : The Portland Marathon is 4 months from TODAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes with your training! Can't wait to hear about your progress. Maybe I'll be inspired for next year. :)